Room Arrangement - Critical component to successful design.
1. Measure and draw room on graph paper (1/4” scale) or utilize an online app.
2. Measure furnishings and place them in the room.
3. Include space for walkways and pulling out chairs.
4. Be sure to include all functional and accent pieces.
Some highlight notes:
1. Determine focal point: fireplace? TV? Beautiful view?
2. A conversational grouping will be no more than 8’ in width
3. Space between coffee table and sofa = 18 “ approx..
4. Space for a chair to be pulled out around a table is 3’
5. Walkways are between 2’ and 3’
Think outside the box—look at different configurations of your furnishings and your room